Ashbury

 

St Mary the Virgin, Ashbury

 

Church Services

St Mary's does not have services on a regular basis.
 

 
Church Information:

Rebuilt by J F Gould in 1871-3 at the expense of Henry Woollcombe, archdeacon of Barnstaple, whose family lived at Wadlands, The Manor House which was demolished about 1965.

It is a plain small aisleless church with an older west tower. There are diagonal buttressess and small pinnacles on the tower. Much of the material is reused from previous buildings. Simple whitewashed interior.

The Church was made redundant 1997, but is preserved by the Woollcombe descendents.
Extract from Pevsner's Buildings of England (Devon)

 
 
 
 

Like Us on Facebook          Follow Us on Twitter

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



Download the Grapevine
 

Visitors - 11th August 2016