St James' Chapel is a Chapel of Ease,
situated in the heart of Okehampton town. It is an ecumenical chapel
and belongs to the town of Okehampton. It was restored in 1862 by
Ashworth and is built of Medieval granite.
There is Tudor and 18th century woodwork with a reader's desk and
pulpit, the latter dated 1662.
There are two wooden plaques beside the altar with the ten
commandments written upon them.
The clock on the tower has been restored recently and the interior