St Mary’s does not have services on a regular basis.
Rebuilt by J F Gould in 1871-3 at
the expense of Henry Woollcombe, archdeacon of Barnstaple, whose
family lived at Wadlands, The Manor House which was demolished about
It is a plain small aisleless church with an older west tower. There are diagonal buttressess and small pinnacles on the tower. Much of the material is reused from previous buildings. Simple whitewashed interior.
The Church was made redundant 1997, but is preserved by the Woollcombe descendents.
Extract from Pevsner’s Buildings of England (Devon)